Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week of Sept. 8

I can't believe it's already the third week of school! Things are going well so far. The students are settling into a nice routine. I am only messing up about a third of their names. hehe

SPELLING for this week can be found by clicking here. Since there was no school on Monday, students can choose between ABC order and cursive for Tuesday night. Wednesday will be sentences and Thursday the practice test.

MATH is an area where I am noticing a big spread in abilities. Right now I am inclined to think that some of the students do not have ideal work and study habits. I will start putting a note in student's planners who are not completing or turning in their work.

DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP is the buzz word for being safe, responsible and involved online. This month you can go to Brainpop.com and watch their technology videos for free. I will be showing some in class, too. Speaking of which, if your child hasn't already logged in to 5thisfun.pbworks.com, please consider helping them with that in the next day or so. We will be using the computer lab on Friday and I would love to have as many posts as possible to review.

PARENT HELPERS are needed for the following: monitoring and tracking the Mustang Award, come in and help during math time (around 11:45 is when we are typically doing independent work).

As always, please let me know if you have comments/questions/concerns.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment