I am sending home a copy of the Mustang Award tracking sheet.
Here are some resource documents for some of the "do at home" items.
List of presidents.
Historic/Patriotic Passages (can have the text in front of you for support, but please don't just stand there and read it - be expressive, be theatrical)
Paul Revere's Ride
The Gettysburg Address
Excerpt from the Declaration of Independence
Preamble to the Constitution
Casey at the Bat
Excerpt from "I Have a Dream"
You can also choose to an excerpt (approximately 3-5 minutes) from any of the speeches found on American Rhetoric.
There are some famous speeches by American Women listed here. I don't have the texts linked at this time. But these are all useable as well.
How NOT to sound while reciting! (funny)
Sam Waterston reciting the Gettysburg Address
States and capitals resources:
50States.com
Map Game
State Capital Quiz
List of states and capitals
Funbrain
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment